The darkness at six in the morning was different when there was snow on the ground. It was a blue kind of dark, heavy and quiet. You could t
Watching for my school's name to see if school was cancelled |
I would roll out from under three wool blankets and hit the floor running. The linoleum in the hallway was like a sheet of ice under my socks. I did not stop to put on clothes. I went straight to it. |
|
|
News for the America we remember |
The darkness at six in the morning was different when there was snow on the ground. It was a blue kind of dark, heavy and quiet. You could tell the world had changed before you even opened your eyes. The usual sound of the garbage truck or the neighbor starting his Buick LeSabre was missing. There was just the low hum of the furnace kicking on and the sound of silence from the street. |
I would roll out from under three wool blankets and hit the floor running. The linoleum in the hallway was like a sheet of ice under my socks. I did not stop to put on clothes. I went straight to the living room and turned the knob on the heavy wooden console television. It took a long time for the picture to warm up. First a small white dot in the center, then a blurry line, and finally the local news team sitting behind a desk that looked like it was made of cheap plywood. |
The television was the oracle. Back then, you did not have a phone in your pocket to tell you the future. You had to wait for it to crawl across the bottom of the screen in white block letters. I sat cross legged on the carpet, so close to the screen I could see the individual red, green |
|
|
10K Steps Is a Myth–Try This Instead |
|
|
When motivation is lacking, jumping into heavy routines is the fastest way to burn out. That’s why millions of people are turning to walking as the foundation of their fitness journey. |
Walking lets you enjoy the outdoors, clear your head, and practice mindfulness. It’s simple, sustainable, and can support lasting weight loss if you know how much you need. The “10,000 steps a day” rule is outdated; everyone’s lifestyle is different. |
With Simple, you’ll get access to habit-based coaching that’s helped users lose over 18 million pounds. Take the quiz to discover your personalized walking target. |
Take the Quiz |
Sponsored by |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
© 2026 Old Glory Report |
1001 Cathedral St
Baltimore, MD 21201, United States |
Unsubscribe |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment