Tuesday, November 22, 2016

THE BEADING GEM'S JOURNAL

Somewhere in the Argentine Pampas - about 100 km outside Buenos Aires - is the studio of metalsmith, Cynthia Del Guidice. There in her "antique rural brick and adobe home", she creates her one of a kind nature inspired enamel jewelry. Her organic ...

 

Nature Inspired Hand Painted Enamel Jewelry by Cynthia Del Giudice

Somewhere in the Argentine Pampas - about 100 km outside Buenos Aires - is the studio of metalsmith, Cynthia Del Guidice. There in her "antique rural brick and adobe home", she creates her one of a kind nature inspired enamel jewelry.  Her organic approach appeals to those who love minimalist designs.

Enameled horse brooch


Cynthia said, "My latest collection of enameled jewelry is inspired by the plants I am surrounded by. I started collecting leaves and plants from my field and garden, usually weeds with interesting silhouettes that I find in my walks. I press, dry and use these plants as stencils for my enamel work. I pick contrasting colors, or embrace the natural colors of the copper oxidizing under a clear enamel coat."  



You can watch her studio process in her video here where she shares how she creates her horse brooches.  There are a number of vitreous layers including one which is hand painted.  Truly wearable art!









Before You Go:
______________________________
Original Post by THE BEADING GEM
Jewelry Making Tips - Wire JewelryTips  -Jewelry Business Tips 

 
 
 
FeedBlitz Top Slot
powered byad choices


Contact MePast IssuesJoin This ListUnsubscribe

   

Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment