It burned oil, the heater only worked in July, and the day I bought it I became a different person in the eyes of everyone I knew.
Four Hundred Dollars and a Set of Keys |
It burned oil, the heater only worked in July, and the day I bought it I became a different person in the eyes of everyone I knew. |
|
|
News for the America we remember |
It was a sedan the color of a paper bag, it had ninety-one thousand miles on it, and the man selling it told me straight out that the second gear was a suggestion. |
Four hundred dollars. I had saved it in an envelope over fourteen months, mostly in fives and tens, and I counted it out on the hood in front of him because I did not know that was an odd thing to do. He counted it again. Then he handed me the keys and walked back into his house, and I stood in that driveway for a minute realizing that nobody was going to tell me where to go. |
That is the whole thing, right there. Not the car. The nobody-telling-you-where-to-go. |
Before the car, my radius was a bicycle and my mother's schedule. After it, my radius was a tank of gas, and gas was cheap enough that a tank was not a real limit. The distance between those two facts is |
|
|
Become An AI Expert In Just 5 Minutes |
|
|
If you’re a decision maker at your company, you need to be on the bleeding edge of, well, everything. But before you go signing up for seminars, conferences, lunch ‘n learns, and all that jazz, just know there’s a far better (and simpler) way: Subscribing to The Deep View. |
This daily newsletter condenses everything you need to know about the latest and greatest AI developments into a 5-minute read. Squeeze it into your morning coffee break and before you know it, you’ll be an expert too. |
Subscribe right here. It’s totally free, wildly informative, and trusted by 600,000+ readers at Google, Meta, Microsoft, and beyond. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
© 2026 Old Glory Report |
1001 Cathedral St
Baltimore, MD 21201, United States |
Unsubscribe |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment